The Content Marketing Manager (CMM) oversees all marketing content initiatives, both internal and external, across multiple platforms and formats to drive sales, engagement, retention, leads and positive customer behavior.
This person is responsible for leading the strategy, creation, analysis and optimization of all of Lendingstar’s content initiatives (web-site, mobile app, blogs, social media). The successful candidate will be expected to quickly gain an understanding of the LendingStar business, structure, target audiences, requirements and the peer-to-peer lending industry.
This individual is an expert in all things related to content and channel optimization, brand consistency, segmentation and localization, analytics and meaningful measurement.
This person is a passionate creative mixed with an obsessive analyst who loves to write – we mean really loves to write. He or she is as much a marketer as a content editor and has experience in journalism or related field.
Ultimately, the job of the CMM is to think like a publisher/journalist and is responsible for generating broad interest in LendingStar through compelling content and driving them to engage with the web and mobile. This includes:
- Ensuring all content is on-brand, consistent in terms of style, quality and tone of voice, and optimized for search and user experience for all channels of content including online, social media, email, a point of presence, mobile, video, print and in-person. This is to be done for each buyer persona within the enterprise.
- Mapping out a content strategy that supports and extends marketing initiatives, both short- and long-term, determining which methods work for the brand and why. Continuous evolvement of strategy is a must.
- The development of a functional content calendar throughout the enterprise verticals, and defining the owners in each vertical to particular persona groups.
- Supervising writers, editors, content strategists; be an arbiter of best practices in grammar, messaging, writing, and style.
- Integration of content activities within traditional marketing campaigns.
- Conducting ongoing usability tests to gauge content effectiveness. Gathering data and handle analytics (or supervise those who do) and make recommendations based on those results. Working with owners of particular content to revise and measure particular content and marketing goals.
- Developing standards, systems and, best practices (both human and technological) for content creation, distribution, maintenance, content retrieval and content repurposing, including the real-time implementation of content strategies.
- Leveraging market data to develop content themes/topics and execute a plan to develop the assets that support a point of view and educate customers that lead to critical behavioral metrics.
- Establishing work flow for requesting, creating, editing, publishing, and retiring content. Work with technical team to implement appropriate CMS.
- Conducting periodic competitive audits.
- Supervising the maintenance of content inventories and matrices.
- Ensuring consistent global experience and implement appropriate localization/translation strategies.
- Participation in the hiring and supervising of content/story leaders in all content verticals.
- Creation of a strategy for developing SMS/MMS outreach and advertising, apps, etc. as needed.
- Work closely with company’s designers on all creative and branding initiatives to ensure a consistent message across channels.
The CMM is measured on the continual improvement of customer nurturing and retention through storytelling, as well as the increase in new prospects into the enterprise through the consistent development and deployment of content to each persona group. Success criteria include:
- Positive brand recognition and consistency across chosen published channels.
- An increase in defined customer engagement metrics (measured by users taking the desired action, e.g. sign up, account creations, new projects submissions, etc.).
- Website and social media traffic growth.
- Conversion metrics definition and growth.
- Social media positive sentiment metrics.
- Customer feedback and survey data.
- Increases in key search engine keyword rankings.
- A decrease in sales/buying cycles.
- Clearly defining content distribution during particular stages of the buying cycle (lead nurturing).
- Identifying up-sell and cross-sell opportunities through content analysis, and deploying content assets for higher conversion rates.Primary criteria for success are customer and employee affinity. Success is measured by lifetime customer value, customer satisfaction, and employee advocacy.
Experience and Education Required
- Bachelor’s degree in English, Journalism, Public Relations or related communications field. MBA in marketing a plus.
- 5-10 years of experience as a respected leader in multichannel content creation (publishing, journalism, etc.). Business related content creation experience is a plus.
- Experience with creating compelling messages for different target demographics.
- Expertise in all major business software applications (Adobe Creative Suite, Microsoft Office, etc.).
- Multilingual abilities (specifically Bahasa Malaysia and Chinese) a major plus.
- Audience development and subscription strategies experience a plus
The CMM requires a combination marketing and publishing mindset, with the most important aspect being to think “customer first”. In essence, the CMM is the corporate storyteller that must be empathetic toward the pain points of the customer. Specific skills required include:
- Proven editorial skills
- Training in how to tell a story using words, images, or audio, and an understanding of how to create content that draws an audience (it is critical that the CMM retain an “outsider’s perspective” much like that of a journalist.)
- The ability to lead and inspire large teams of creative personnel and content creators to achieve company’s stated goals.
- Skill at both long-form content creation and real-time (immediate) content creation and distribution strategies and tactics.
- The ability to think like an educator, intuitively understanding what the audience needs to know and how they want to consume it.
- Clear articulation of the business goal behind the creation of a piece (or series) of content
- Basic familiarity with HTML
- Project management skills to manage editorial schedules and deadlines within corporate and ongoing campaigns. Ability to work in a 24-hour project cycle-utilizing teams or contractors in other countries.
- Familiarity with principles of marketing (and the ability to adapt or ignore them as dictated by data).
- Excellent negotiator and mediator.
- Incredible people skills.
- Fluency in web analytics tools, social media marketing applications and leading social media monitoring platforms.
- A willingness to embrace change and to adapt strategies on the fly.
- Great powers of persuasion and presentation
- Experience creating a resource or library of content organized indicating SEO, translations and version control.
- Needs to be continually learning the latest platforms, technology tools, and marketing solutions through partnerships.
- Able to screen out sales pitches and look for the relevant brand and customer story.
- Comfortable with acting as the company’s spokesman and advocate via media appearances, interviews, sales calls, trade shows, etc.
5000 – 10000 MYR
Please send your resume to email@example.com